Thursday, April 28, 2011

Popin' Cookin'!


So in the midst of being totally obssessed with Konapun, I noticed there was something kinda like Konapun but edible, and some of the dishes, like the sushi set, looks almost exactly the same and is made similarily! Made with disposable tools and candy powder, these are the Popin' Cookin' sets by Kracie! The tools are basically moulded white plastic containers (all connected) that are often used for candy and food packaging (pics to come). I decided to hunt around for these to see if I could try them out and compare them to Konapun as well. And the verdict? Pretty close, but not as cool. xD The candy tastes REALLY sweet and not all that great... ^^; Imagine eating mushy, watery, synthetic fruit flavoured puree jelly, or wet marshmallow cottonballs? lol Okay that sounds worse than it is, but it's not as yummy as your run-of-the-mill, typical Japanese candy that's for sure! (and THOSE are good) I think I'd rather not eat it, which ends up making it the same as Konapun. xP

I could only find the following after a few weeks of hunting all the candy shops that I knew... and my boyfriend and sister are happy that I have finished most of the hunting so I don't have to drag them around anymore, lol.




I believe I am missing the Pizza/Pasta set still. And there are two other candy-making kits by Kracie which I'd love to get my hands on to try as well! These are Happy Kitchen Cupcake and Happy Kitchen Donuts! But for now, you'll have to settle for some shots of the Popin' Cookin' individual packages:





The packaging for the Soft Candy (middle right) has different goodies depicted on it (the two boxes I got have different images) but the contents are exactly the same. The Jelly Candy (bottom left) have the exact same outer packaging, but the candy moulds (cookie cutters) come in different shapes so it depends which set you get. You can see through the little clear window on the front to try to make out the different ones though. Here is a pic of the two Soft Candy packaging:



I tried the Bento and Sushi sets so far and they were pretty fun. The results of the Sushi set look really good, although I can't say the same with the Bento set. lol










The 2 plates and tray for the sushi are from Konapun and DO NOT come with the Popin Cookin kits! And the little green and yellow boxes pictured holding the noodles and sprinkles from the Bento set are also from my own collection and does not come with Popin Cookin. The sets only come with a foil bag, that you can cut-out a place mat (see under the Bento food items) which has a picture of a bento box for the bento set – the sushi one has a picture of a wooden sushi serving platter. The only reusable parts from Popin Cookin kits are the fork/spoon/water dropper tools you may get to mix the powder with water (this again depends which set you get) and the white plastic tray that houses all the moulds you need for the kit you buy. (later on I will try to post pics of the contents of each set!)

I will be trying the others in the coming days, and will let you know how they turn out! =3

No comments:

Post a Comment