Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Momoko - Alice & Sarah



So ever since I started collecting Pullips about 5 years ago, there were also these other dolls that were really cool but kinda expensive at the time, called Momoko. I never got them because starting another doll collection was rather dangerous as the Pullip collection was already getting out of hand. ^^; And not to mention the Momoko dolls were running at around $200 each while Pullips were only $100 (haha). There were a few times where I came really close to getting one because the site that I usually buy my Pullips from also started carrying Momokos. But I didn't. So after many years of getting Pullips as Xmas and birthday gifts from Hien, he started to think that it wasn't as special since I usually get them myself anyways, so he decided he'd be the one to get me Momokos instead. Hence started my Momoko collection. =3

The first Momoko I got was Outdoor Boyish for last year's Christmas present (2010). She's a spunky short haired Momoko with a fun, 80's coloured wind breaker, denim mini, black tights, leg warmers, and fuzzy earmuffs. I never got around to taking pics of her, only displayed her for a while at Hien's place before I took her home. Then this year I got a Miss Weekday, Bitter Version for my birthday! She's the alternate version of Miss Weekday, sporting an all black ensemble. She's a
classier Momoko, with a nice black medium-length jacket (with a fur hood), short-sleeved mock turtle-neck, till business skirt, and knee-high boots. She has long hair with bangs, tied neatly in a half ponytail.

Once I got the second Momoko I decided I needed to take pics! And here they are! I've named them Sarah and Alice respectively, and they're sisters. xD

















For Miss Weekday Bittersweet, I noticed the footwear has a slit at the back, like how Barbie does, which I found interesting. And because she has all black clothes, Alice had some staining on her hands. The picture isn't that clear, but it's more visible in person. I'm used to it from Pullips, but it is sort of unfortunate. = (



And that concludes the mini photo shoot for my Momoko sisters Alice and Sarah! Hopefully you will be seeing more of them as summer break is approaching. Mwahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment